Winter has been kicking us in the butt recently so I though it was time to do a bit of an overhaul with my bag necessities, as I do every season. I don’t like carrying a bunch of stuff around with me so here are my five bag essentials that help me survive anything that winter may throw at me.
1. Lip balm– you are likely to get chapped lips during winter so having a lip balm in your bag is a must. I have plenty of them at home and sometimes they all end up in my bag but at the moment my favourite lip balm is this one from Burt’s Bees because it’s really hydrating and it keeps my lips nice and soft.
2. Hand cream– nothing feels worse than dry, cold hands during winter. I like carrying around a deluxe sample of either a hand cream or a body cream to prevent the skin from getting scaly. Right now I have with me a body cream from Rituals which smells divine and it’s incredibly moisturising.
3. Tissues– this is very random but I need to have tissues with me all the time, especially during winter because I get snotty and sometimes my eyes start watering from the wind and chilly weather.
4. Gloves– no one likes their hands to get freezing cold, am I right? That’s why I have a pair of gloves with me and I like these ones from Zoella’s lifestyle range because they are fingerless, which is really practical for a person who uses their phone a lot. You can keep your hands warm and be able to tweet or text at the same time.
5. Scarf– I can’t live home without one. A scarf is probably my number one essential, because winter, and either I put it on or just throw it in my bag, it has to tag along with me. At the moment I’m obsessed with this one from Stradivarius because it’s really soft and it keeps me warm.